This whole summer has been a huge testimony builder. I've had so many of my prayers answered and have seen my Savior in my life more than ever.
First I absolutely did not want to move home. Last April/May was so hard for me because I knew I was moving back to a place that had no friends, I didn't have a job. All I wanted to do was stay in Logan forever.
Guess what? By the first week I moved home I had two jobs. They were only seasonal-for the summer but hey I was going to take what I could get. They were both super flexible and let me take a week off to go to New York, a place that I've always always wanted to go. And I loved it! I realized again how amazing our world was.
Now for the friend situation, I struggled. Like everyday was a huge battle for me. I've always been blessed to be surrounded by amazing friends. Solid people who were constantly lifting me up. My best friend from High School was back east for the summer, my best friend from college was in Logan. My other best friend was in Idaho. I struggled. I made an effort to go to my singles ward, to go to FHE, institute, ward prayer etc. And nothing was working out. The last time I felt this low about friends was back when I was in the 7th grade. Eww. 7th grade should be banished. But the thing is, I kept trying and I kept praying and my Savior saw this.
I started getting invited to do things with people, I started getting asked out on dates-lots of them actually! With really awesome guys. I realized that I needed to change my attitude and count all my many blessings.
Now back to the job situation, one offered me a full time position for fall and the other one is letting me stay as well. So now I get to work all the time, which isn't the best at times but I love both my jobs. I work with incredible people and I'm making enough money that I'm now taking a trip to Hawaii in the fall!! I'm SO excited to spend that week with one of my favorite people.
Prayer works. Prayer makes good things happen. But it all comes down to what is actually making prayer work and that's faith. I'm so grateful to know that now and to know that if I'm faithful in my Savior everything will work out.
Because of all these little and big blessings in my life it just confirms that fact that I'm supposed to be living at home right now, even though its not my first choice, its the best choice for me right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment