pri·or·i·ty
prīˈôrədē/
noun
- a thing that is regarded as more important than another."housework didn't figure high on her list of priorities"
- the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important."the safety of the country takes priority over any other matter"
This semester is seriously one of my busiest semesters of my college career. I feel like I say that every semester but this semester has only been going for a week and its already pushing me to my limits. Trying to work, go to school, having a calling that can seem demanding at times, my boyfriend who means the world to me, going to the gym, trying to keep a clean house, putting time into other relationships and a thousand other things. So how am I supposed to do all of this? Christ taught us in Luke 12:13 "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."
This means doing the small things that we always hear about. Pray, read the scriptures, go to church, worship our Savior. Sometimes I think we overlook some other important ones such as sustaining our Bishops which includes accepting and magnifying our callings, home and visiting teaching, etc. These thing bring happiness.
My roommate mentioned the other day that it seems like I have my life together. HA how wrong she is but I do know those things I mentioned earlier make my life less chaotic.
Little things that help me:
- Waking up early.....you accomplish so much more!
- Going to the gym and reading scriptures while biking, running etc. Lets just kill 2 birds with one stone.
- Realizing that homework or hanging out with friends can be pushed back 30 min- 1 hour to go visiting teaching. Those 30 minutes might help someone more than you'll ever realize.
- Watching your favorite TV show (yes its okay to take a break) and when there are commercials write a little thank you car to a co-worker, roommate, spouse etc.
Small and simple things are what make you make the best out of your time.
No comments:
Post a Comment