I can't believe I have less then 2 weeks of living in Logan.
Yes I'll be back next January but that's still such a foreign thought to me.
When people find out that I'm taking next semester off and realize that its not for something cool like a study abroad or teaching english in some far away county they look at me like I'm crazy.
And maybe I am. How can I just take a break from one of the places I love most.
Logan has become my home. Its helped shape me into the person I am.
I think about the first time I moved up here 2 years ago in August. I was so naive and so ready to move out. I only had Mandy. My parents dropped me off and I went and sat on the floor and cried thinking that "I can't do this." But guess what? I could do it. I just needed to believe in myself.
My friend group expanded from only having Mandy to having hundreds of friends up here at Utah State. I have never once gone up to campus and not seen someone I know. I have made friends that have changed my life and have taught me so much. The biggest one being Kins who will always be "my best friend forever"
I've learned that even though college is the time that your thinking first and foremost about yourself that its the best time to step out of your comfort zone and serve. It's the best time to make someone else feel important.
I've learned that its ok to make mistakes.
I don't need to be perfect.
I've become a better me because of Utah State University.
I'm more accepting of others.
I'm more willing to try new things.
I'm more loving.
I'm closer to my family.
I've expanded my knowledge.
I have new ideas and thoughts.
I have more trust in those I love.
I have more faith in my Savior.
I'm leaving USU being a better Sarah and I hope to come back being even better.
I don't know why my life has played out the way it has. I don't know what the next 8 months have in store for me. But someone else does (Nephi 4:6) and I just need to realize that everything is going to be ok, actually everything is going to be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment