I was reading the conference talk The Transforming Power of Faith and Character and I thought it was amazing. Especially because I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with my life right now and all I can rely on is Faith. I sometimes feel like I'm failing because I'm not doing everything exactly to what I had planned, but in the talk it said something that really stood out to me.....
We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day. Righteous character is a precious manifestation of what you are becoming. Righteous character is more valuable than any material object you own, any knowledge you have gained through study, or any goals you have attained no matter how well lauded by mankind. In the next life your righteous character will be evaluated to assess how well you used the privilege of mortality. --Richard G. Scott
I have to remember that all that matters is that I'm making my Character better and more righteous. Sometimes I forget that, sometimes I let the world help me make my decisions when I should just be letting my Father in Heaven help me, I shouldn't care what people think. I just have to take a leap of Faith and rely on my Savior to help me because in the end that's all that matters. I just need to be what I want to become.
And I know that's easier said then done but I know if we take things one step at a time and not worry about everything as a whole but in pieces it makes everything ten times easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment