3.16.2011

Past, Present and Future

Yesterday I had Institute, and it made me so happy. I'm doing Special Needs Institute and even though that class sometimes seems to be out of control its the time in my day that feels the most stable. I love walking in and seeing the kids grab their scriptures and being excited to share their testimonies. They are so sweet and so caring and bring me so much love. Yesterday the sweetest boy said the prayer. He's deaf and uses sign language but when he says the prayer he actually tries to speak. I couldn't understand one word and yet it was one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever heard. I felt the spirit so strongly, and I know that Heavenly Father could understand him. I love all the people in that class and the happiness it brings to me.

Today its raining. The soft kind of rain that dribbles down and everything else seems to be quiet. I loved walking across campus and hearing the rain fall into the puddles. And seeing everything all wet and clean.

Tomorrow is a new day. The best thing is I get to start over. I get to forget about the mistakes I made today and try and make it better. I get to decide everything. I get to choose how to make tomorrow a better day and how to make it a better day for someone else. That's what truly makes me happy when I'm having a bad day......trying to serve someone else and letting them know how truly important they are, it lets me forget about myself and my worries. Tomorrow is going to be a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah Martin!
    I love your blog SO much!
    It's adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...