12.30.2011

You is.

You is kind.
You is smart.
You is important.

I'm a little behind and have finally started reading The Help, and like everyone told me I would, I love it. I've thought about it a lot, maybe too much actually. It made me think about labels and how people, sometimes without thinking labels someone in someway. And how that can have such a negative influence but at the same time it can have such a positive influence.
What if when you woke up in the morning and you looked in the mirror and you told yourself that 1. You are kind 2. You are smart 3. You ARE important.

I think it would make a huge difference in how you thought about yourself.

What if you started saying nicer things to your siblings, especially when they made a mistake. What if you started saying nicer things to your roommates or friends.
The world would be a little better.

We're all important every single one of us.


D&C 18:10 The worth of souls is great in the sight of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...