12.31.2011

new year.

I love being able to look back and see where I was a year ago.
I like the fact that I have a reason to feel like I can start over.
A new start. A new year.


This year was such a growing time for me. I say that every year which I think is a good thing, we should be constantly growing.

I overcame some difficult situations. I became closer to my family. I made some incredible friends. I'm on my second year of college, which is so crazy to me. Things go by so much faster now.

A year ago I was only a freshmen and now I realize how little I really knew.

Highlights of the past year:


  • Last January I became friends with Kinsey, its so strange to me that we've really only known each other for a year. She's become one of my best friends and I adore her in every way possible. She's the best roommate and friend I could ask for. She's always been there for me and I'm so grateful she came into my life when I needed her.
  • I also met some other awesome people including, Alex, Mark, Lisha, Brant, Alyssa, Summer, Kelsey, Nate, Zach, Becca, Ari, Dylan, Anita and so many others.
  • So many of my friends left on missions. I realized very soon that I was going to have to learn that things change and that change is a good thing.
  • I was in my singles ward Relief Society presidency. I learned to have a greater understanding of people and learned to love people more easily.
  • I finished my first year of college, and survived and loved everything about it.
  • I went on road trips to St. George, Vegas, and Colorado. With some really incredible people that I became very close with.
  • I have to especially give a thanks to Kylie, even though she moved to Hawaii I felt like we became closer. I'm so glad we ended up being roommates my freshmen year.
I want to say thanks to Brant even though he'll never see this. I loved becoming so close to him and having such great conversations from him. I now love getting letters from him and seeing how is testimony is growing so much.
Dylan also made a huge impact on my life, probably more than any one else this past year. I don't think I could ever thank him enough for the things he taught me, the things that I'll remember for the rest of my life. This year wouldn't have been nearly as good without him.
And thank you Katie for sticking by my side through everything even though we were doing our own things we were always so close. I love knowing that you'll always be there. You've definitely helped me become a better person.

  • I also changed my major, which was a hard decision but I'm really happy that I did it, I'm really happy with how much hard work I put into my classes last semester.
  • I've become close with more people who I'm also grateful for. Sue, Doug, Rachel, Steve, Peter, Holly, Dana, Mckenzie. All really awesome people, who I love.
  • I've loved 2011 but I'm ready for something new, I'm excited for the new things and changes in my life.

1 comment:

  1. love you dear. i am more grateful to you than i think you will ever know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...