Miscommunication is probably one of the worst things that could happen to two people. It destroys relationships and it blocks friendships from being made. And I have had a lot of miscommunication in my life lately and I know that probably 50% or more is my fault. If everyone just communicated a little better then the world would be a completely different place. What I've learned this past couple of weeks is....
When you get in an argument don't let your emotions take over, when we're heated and angry most likely we'll end up saying something that we will have to apologize about later.
Don't assume that the person knows whats going on, most likely they have no idea why you're mad or that your even upset at all.
And the biggest one, we need to all realize we're different and think about things differently. I found an awesome quote that sums this up
“To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” ~ Anthony Robbins
I know we have experiences in our life to teach us and have us learn something from it, so hopefully I start communicating better because I know it will make my life WAY easier. Because its always hard when someone you love hurts you or when you hurt someone you love and you honestly didn't mean to.
No comments:
Post a Comment