4.26.2011

A thing called life

my hope: that I someday find a job. yeah that would be nice
my fear: finals next week.....not knowing what I'm doing with my life/future
my dream: that I could just not grow up.
my happiness: my friends. who I love SO much and my family who is ALWAYS there for me.

So you know when you hear people and they say "I wish I had never met that person" or "I wish I had never dated that person." "I wish that person would just leave me life" do you realize those are awful things to say?? EVERY PERSON that comes into your life comes into your life for a reason. Sure they might be rude, they might betray you or they might hurt you. But you learn something from that person/experience that makes you stronger and smarter.

I also had this really awesome lecture in class the other day about how dishonest it is to really label someone. The pretty one. The dumb one. The skateboarder. The nerd. Labeling people is dishonest. Who are you, to put someone in a box and label them. I know we all do it, and I realized its going to be hard to stop it. In class we discussed ways of stopping it. Being silent all together?? well thats nice and all but I don't want to just stop talking. How about actually trying and getting to know the person because then they become real to you and not just a label. Lets all just try to learn to accept someone for who they are, and not what we want them to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...