9.07.2011

Just one person [can make a difference]

As I was walking around campus today I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed. I kept thinking how I was just one person on this huge campus. A campus that has thousands and thousands of students walking around everyday. I walked into my class of 500 and thought how 99.98 percent of those students have no idea who I am. They don't know my fears, my hopes, or my background, I'm just another student sitting on a chair. I started to think of why I was even going to school and what my purpose was.....could I even make a difference on this huge campus? Well the answer I came up with was yes. Yes I can make a difference. I might not effect every single student here at USU and at the end of the semester I still might not know 99.98 percent of my 500 student class. But after going to my institute class today... The Gospel and the Productive Life I realized that I can live a life that's productive and worthwhile. All I need to be focusing on right now is living the gospel that I have come to know is true. As long as I'm living the gospel and living my standards I can make a difference in someones life...whether I know it or not. As long as I'm trying to be an example of Christ I don't need to worry that I'm not making a difference because mostly likely or not I am.

"Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God." D&C 18:10


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...