8.06.2011

ihike.

Warning: this post may or may not be the worst post I ever write...since I did only get 1.5 hours of sleep last night then I feel like I have a real excuse. I've also been laying in bed for 2 hours not being able to sleep so this is what I've resorted to...how great.

So last night I'm sleeping perfectly until I got a phone call at 1:53 a.m. luckily my phone was on in the first place, because truthfully if you know me well you know I always turn my phone off at night.

"Hey Sarah.......are you coming hiking??"
"hmmmmm what?? hmmmmm.... OH MY GOODNESS YES DON'T LEAVE ME!"

That's basically how the conversation went down. I got ready in 6 minutes and was ready to leave by 2 a.m.

Its dark outside...really really dark. The stars are looking unreal. We start off in silence and that's when I decided I'm the strangest person ever. don't laugh...for those of you that already think it.

Since we're hiking 4 hours up it gave me a lot of time to think but seriously these were the things that were running through my head.

  • "Right now I'm using energy. My mitochondria usually doesn't have to make this much energy at 2 in the morning...its probably really angry with me right now and making ATP overtime...which means I need to breath more oxygen so I can make more ATP"
I caught myself thinking this thought and was shocked. literally. I started laughing out loud. The thing that made me laugh more was when I caught myself trying to breath more just so I could try to get more oxygen into my body. bad bad idea. my normal breathing was perfectly fine.

  • "Wow I'm trekking through snow and getting eaten alive by mosquito's all at the same time. this usually doesn't happen...I feel bad for the little mosquito's its probably really cold outside for them."
Ok Ok WHAT THE HECK?? I hate mosquito's so why did I feel bad for them.. no idea. I now hate them for the awful swelling I now have in between my eyeballs. I'm looking real good. 13 mosquito bites later. not.

Ok I'm going to spare you from the other weird thoughts....3 a.m is not my best hour. But after getting a little lost and basically hiking straight up a mountain side of snow I realized a lot of other things. First off the world is beautiful. seriously I can't say it enough, we were given such a great place to live. Secondly I went hiking with a bunch of people I haven't really seen this summer...one of them being a person I never thought I would ever hang out with again because of some hurt feelings on both sides. But as I was under a blanket trying to hide from the mosquito's now at 6 in the morning, I realized that forgiveness is such a blessing and such a wonderful thing. I loved looking around and realizing its ok to let people back into your life and to let go of hard feelings. It makes your life ten times better if you do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...